The following information should help assist you in your travel planning to the Siemens PLM Connection Americas Users Conference. If you are an international visitor, please be reminded that the United States government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. This may lengthen the time it takes to process your visa application. Please plan on booking your visa appointment at your local US Consulate at least 3 months prior to the conference to ensure you receive an appointment.
It is a requirement by the United States of America (USA) that in order to enter the country under the visa waiver program that all new passports issued after October 26, 2005 must be machine readable and contain biometrics. If you have a passport that was issued before October 26, 2005 and is still valid you do not need to worry about the visa waiver program.
For more information on the visa waiver program:
There are a number of items required of all visa applicants, including the following:
- Payment of a nonrefundable application fee of $100
- Form DS-156, completed and signed. Blank forms are available free of charge at all U.S. consular offices, online at http://evisaforms.state.gov, or by autofax at +1 (202)-647-3000.
- Valid passport for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application.
- Two photographs, two inches square (37×37 mm) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background.
- Support materials indicating the purpose of the visit, that the applicant plans to remain in the United States only for a specific, limited period of time, and that they have a residence outside the United States as well as family, business interests or investments that will insure their return to their country of origin at the conclusion of the visit.